Every so often, we feel the Lord lead us to a city in Costa Rica to do a specific Community Leader Training.
- To build a bridge of trust between the people and government officials who are fighting to end trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation in Costa Rica.
- To motivate community leaders to report and be a part of the solution.
- To educate community leaders on how to identify victims.
- To explain the laws related to trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.
- To educate about how to utilize the government reporting system currently in place.
We have partnered with some leaders in forensic investigation in the United States to help the Costa Rican OIJ (investigative police, similar to the FBI in the US) investigate and capture the men and women involved in making Costa Rica such a hot-spot for foreign sex tourism. They are working on incorporating
Internet technology in order to do sting operations with men who arrive to Costa Rica for illegal sexual encounters with minors. These are also one-to three-day trainings specific to the country in which we host, translate, and help facilitate these informative meetings.